Location:JinShanLing Great Wall, Cheng De
Climate:Mild, temperature around 15°C - 17°C
2016 JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon
The Adventure of Your Lifetime, Your Ultimate Challenge, Begins Now:
Beijing Package - $1,195 USD per person double occupancy
Beijing + Xian + Guilin + Shanghai Tour - $3,070 USD per person double occupancy
Beijing + Yangtze River Tour - $2,799USDper person double occupancy
We have combined some of the most iconic Chinese tour attractions with the ultimate marathon challenge of the Great Wall to bring you your adventure of a lifetime. Only 1,500 entries are available, over 50% has already been taken. Register Now while it still lasts. These prices only apply for 2015. Price hikes are due for 2016.
Beijing Package - Main Package
Welcome to JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon 2016
•Arrival transfer to Beijing Plaza Hotel in Beijing.
•Rest of the day at leisure.
•Plaza Hotel is located at East Third Ring Road, close to Panjiayuan Bazar
•And CBD (Central Business District) and subway station. It enjoys convenient
•Access to airport (Tel: 010-67353366, WWW: plazahotel.bj.com)
•Breakfast at hotel..
•Visit Tian’anmen Square, this is one of the largest public square where many important buildings stand Late Chairman Maos Memorial Hall, Great Hall of the people, China National Museum, and Tower of Heaven Peace. From traditional Chinese style to western, Russian style, they tell long history quietly. Then you will visit the Forbidden City which served at the imperial palace for Ming and Qing emperors exclusively for 500 years till 1921 when Last Emperor Puyi moved out. In the afternoon,
•You will visit The Temple of Heaven where emperors of Ming and Qing Dynasty worshipped the God of Heaven and prayed for good harvests.
•A short Marathon orientation in the afternoon. Lunch included.
•Very early breakfast.
•Our bus will transfer you to the Marathon Venue of Jinshanling Great Wall. You will enjoy a wonderful and challenging race there on the top of the Great Wall.
•After race ends, our bus will transfer you back to hotel
•You will enjoy a gala dinner with your runner friends.
•Breakfast at hotel.
•Today we will have a tour to Hutong in old city quarter. You will see local teahouse, local home, bar street.
•You will have a chance to learn to make dumpling with some house wives. The lunch is your work: dumpling.
•In the afternoon, you will Summer Palace which is the best preserved imperial garden in China where Emperors of Qing Dynasty spent their summer time.
•On the way back to hotel, you will a short picture stop at Olympic venues of Bird Nest and Water Cube.
•breakfast at hotel.
•Transfer to airport.
•Hotel check out time is 1200 at noon.
Hotel single room supplement: 200USD
Child over 5 with an extra bed: 400USD
Price covers following:
1.four nights accommodation with breakfast on twin sharing basis.
2.English speaking guide, coach, entrance fee, two group Chinese lunches. One gala dinner..
3.round way airport transfers.
4.transfer with guide and coach between hotel to Marathon Venue of Jinshanling..
5.Marathon registration fee.
1.Meals not listed.
2.Tips , visa, air tickets, commission.
3.Expenses of private nature..
Being one of the 7 ancients wonders of the world, the Great Wall is a symbol of strength and endurance built during the Warring States period over 2000 years ago. Coincidentally, the marathon was founded upon inspiration of peace and freedom in ancient Greece around the same timer period.
Two thousand years later, these 2 icons of ancient civilization – the Great Wall and the Marathon integrate in harmony to become a global trademark of peace and test of endurance for people across the world.
The JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon celebrate this union by offering international runners a chance to indulge in the grandeur of the Great Wall and push their physical prowess to the limit in this test of endurance. We, the JinShanLing Great Wall Marathon, welcomes you!
Race Date: April 17th, 2016
Race Start: 10:00AM
Event Categories: (male/female)
- Half Marathon
The JinShanLing is the most beautiful part of the Great Wall. It has been listed as a UNESCO's world heritage site in 1987. It is the national key cultural relics protection unit and a state-level scenic spot. The marathon occurs in the Spring season when the apricot flowers, cherry blossoms, azalea, and all kinds of wild flowers blossom, which makes the JinShanLing Great Wall a sea of flowers.
- The course is extremely challenging due to steep slopes, uneven surface tracks, and varied step heights. These harsh course conditions can often cause problems for entrants who are not thoroughly prepared.
- Professional equipment will be provided to avoid injuries and accidents.
- JinShanLing Great Wall is situated on mountain ranges, the elevation creates less air density, thus it is more taxing for entrants physically in terms of breathing and oxygen intake. Training at higher altitudes prior is highly recommended
- Climbing the Great Wall is a physical and mental feat for many first-time entrants; let’s not forget to indulge in the beauty of the Great Wall while we are at it.
- All entrants will take the chartered bus to JinShanLing Great Wall.
- Buses are scheduled to leave Beijing at 5:40 AM on April 17th, 2016
- Opening ceremony 9:30AM – 10:00AM
- Starting gun 10:00AM
- Awarding ceremony 15:30PM
- Buses depart for Beijing 17:00PM
- Help yourself with foods and drinks from the information desk upon completion of the race
- Certificate for completion is available at the information desk
- All winners should participate in the awarding ceremony
The organizing committee will provide timing chips for all marathon and half marathon entrants. If some entrants are unable to complete the course given the proposed time, he/she is advised to stop and remove his/her bib. The event staff will lead back to the starting point.
- Marathon ends at 16:00PM (7hours)
- Half Marathon ends at 14:00PM (5 hours)
- 5KM ends at 12:00PM (2 hours)
Male/Female - Marathon/Half Marathon
- Cups and medals for top 3 finishers
- Medals, certificate for completion, bath towels for all finishers within the time limit
- Special trophy is designed for entrants who can break their personal best time record in our events.